©2018-2019 by ChrisJanMusic.info. Proudly created with Wix.com

Online Digital Marketing

Everything You Need to Sell & Stream Your Music Online

Now you can sell your recorded music on sites like iTunes, Spotify, Google Music, CDBaby, Amazon Music, and many more. For a one-time fee of just $99 per CD, we'll upload your music tracks and graphics, complete all standard & metadata information that's needed, and purchase a unique UPC code for your product. Your customers can buy complete albums or individual trax. CLICK HERE here for a sample site that we've set up for one of our clients.

Once setup, we’ll send you a web link that your customers can click on to purchase your music. Everything runs automatically. You’ll receive 85% of the retail sales, and payments will be sent to you once a month. (Minimum payment of $25. The other 15% covers administrative fees for tracking sales, preparing sales reports, maintaining each site, and sending payments.)

(NOTE: We are a faith-based, family-oriented company. Therefore, we do not market any music that is vulgar or has explicit material.)

Here’s what you’ll need to properly distribute your music worldwide

  1. An artist name: This is the name you release music under. It could be your given name, a band name, or a moniker. If you’re releasing music for the first time, Google your artist name to make sure it’s not already being used by another group or artist.
     

  2. Any other primary or featured artists: This info will be included in the metadata sent to digital music platforms, and help your music reach those other artists’ audiences.
    • Primary artists are the main artists on a recording. Often there is only one primary artist (for example: Ed Sheeran), but occasionally music is released with multiple primary artists listed. This is done when two or more artists that do not
    usually work together collaborate on an album or single (for example: Robert Plant & Alison Krauss). Multiple primary artists for a release are also referred to as “compound artists.”
    • Collaborators who DO work together on an ongoing basis can enter their “band name” as a single primary artist (for instance, “Brooks & Dunn” or “Simon & Garfunkel”).
    • “Featuring” artists are those who collaborate on specific tracks, but who should not receive primary artist billing for the release.
     

  3. The song titles: Because songs need titles, just like babies need names.
     

  4. The album title: Your name for this collection of songs.
     

  5. The songwriter & publisher info for each song: In order to ensure that digital music services are paying publishing royalties properly and that all songs are correctly licensed, you will need to provide:
    the names of the songwriters for each track (including cover songs)
    the names of those songwriters’ publishers (if applicable)
    the “splits” for each songwriter (the percentage of a song that each songwriter owns)
     

  6. Additional metadata: Digital music services like Spotify and Apple Music need to know if your recording is a live version, a cover song, in the Public Domain, or has explicit content. (ChrisJan Music does not produce any music with explicit content.)
     

  7. High-quality audio: 16-bit WAV or FLAC is ideal (in stereo, at 44.1kHz sample rate). We do not accept MP3s files. If your sound files are not formatted properly, we can convert and master them for $9.95 each.
     

  8. Cover artwork: Must meet these requirements:
    • 1400 x 1400 pixels minimum; 3000 x 3000 pixels maximum
    • PNG, GIF, JPG, or JPEG file type
    • 72 - 300dpi (300dpi is the best)
    • Less than 25mb
    • RGB color scheme (not CMYK)
     

  9. UPC code: This a product identifier code that differentiates your music in the marketplace and aids in proper tracking and accounting. This is included in the $99 setup fee.
     

  10. ISRC codes: These are song identifier codes, essential for proper tracking of activity and payments in the digital music world. We will assign them when we set up your album. This is also included in the $99 setup fee.
     

  11. The release date: When do you want your music to drop? You get to set the date that your new release becomes available.
     

  12. Descriptions of your music: To describe your music, what it sounds like, and who it’s for, compile the following things:
    • Written blurb about your music
    • Genre designations
    • Suggested moods
    • Sounds-like artists (also sometimes referred to as RIYL or “Recommended If You Like”).
    This information will be useful for both distribution AND promotion.
     

  13. Your label and copyright information: If you funded your recording or created your music on your own, YOU are the label and copyright owner. If another person is claiming ownership of the sound recording, they should be listed as the label and copyright owner.